Well then, Tally Ho You SuperCoolHappyLovething!
I heard this tune the other day:
It sums up nicely what I’m doing with a blog and a workshop for women who are getting older and their children are too. And how are you handling the seasons of your life? Ummmmm.
Back to pretty Peggy (www.peggyrometo.com). I like wine, however my main addiction is books. The Little Book of Big Promises is what one might call “interactive”, quite unique, very cutting edge.
- You read.
- You identify 9 events that changed the current of your life.
- You decide what you came to desire because of this life altering event.
- You uncover what “promise” was revealed.
And if you are anything like me, you might spend an entire weekend devouring the content. FYI; this is not passive reading. This is journaling (come on you know love it – when you do it) then clicking over to Peggy’s website for a media hit and guided meditation, and lastly listening inwardly for the promise revealed. Wait! You say, what if the promise fails to reveal itself? Fear not. Just pick a number, and then flip to the appropriate page where the I Am Promise greets the exact circumstance of the moment. I promise, it will knock your socks off, the accuracy of your life showing up in a number and a statement. Like Demi Moore says: “Peggy is the real deal, and so is this book!”
Okey Doke. All that said. There I sat in the vintage brown rocker listening to Peggy lead me through “I Give Myself Permission” from her website. Whilst listening, I decide: I give myself permission to be known…. How??
Answer Arrives: Free Workshops for Women.
Based on what? Based on a “vision”, an inner vision. And here’s who showed up and what I journaled:
1) Frida Kahlo ~ a creative sexual being (I want that. Or could it be; I am that?)
2) White Buffalo Woman ~ where the hell did she come from??! I think to myself – it’s not good to “think” during visions, of that I am certain. For obviously, She is Key.
3) A Big Buffalo (powerful symbol from my childhood) awestruck, strength, fearless, confident, source of life – food, clothing, shelter
4) Buddha (yep he showed up too): Breathe. Being peaceful equals using the breath to create calm (akin to the peace pipe White Buffalo Woman delivered, eh?).
5) Jesus – yea, He the man. He always shows up for me. In my inner world His message is always: Welcome Home. In the outer world I firmly believe His revolutionary message was, and is : Love.
You know the ditty: Love your neighbor like you love you know who?
BTW – what is that makes the World Go Round???? You Go Girl!